HORMONE SUPPORT FOR WOMEN
Our hormones are an incredible and intricate system of chemical messengers that help our bodies to function like a well-oiled machine.
Hormones play a role in metabolism, sleep, menstrual cycles, and more.
While some women have hormones functioning on a healthy level, I have found that many women do not. Stress, the standard American diet, aging, and environmental toxins all play a role in disrupting ideal hormone function, and it can leave you feeling anywhere from “just a little off” to “miserable and desperate for answers”.
No matter which camp you fall into, there are some simple options for daily support that can make a huge difference in how you feel and in how your body functions!
For women who are not trying to conceive and who are not in menopause, the following tips and supplements can help to balance hormone function:
- Eat a raw organic carrot each day to help your body detox excess estrogen.
- Eliminate synthetic fragrances and other chemicals that mimic estrogen and cause endocrine disruption. I suggest starting with the things you use most each day, and make swaps over a few months!
- Use PD 80/20 which contains pregnenolone and DHEA, both of which are the building blocks for all other hormones. These two precursor hormones help to support fatigue, increase libido, support memory, cognition, motivation, and can help decrease mood swings. This is a great supplement for most women as it gives your body the building blocks it needs for proper hormone function, but allows your body to decide how to use them!
- If you need hormone support but have experienced a season of extended stress, then Endogize may be more effective for you. EndoGize is formulated to support the endocrine system for both men and women, and uses Ashwagandha root powder for powerful results. Ashwagandha root powder can help with adrenal fatigue, support the body’s response to inflammation, improve blood sugar and insulin sensitivity, improve memory and brain function, and support healthy emotions. This is a great choice if you would like hormone support and need to help you body and adrenal systems recover. If you need additional progesterone support then adding Progessence Plus (women only) can help bring your body into balance with natural, plant based progesterone.
- Make sure you are eating enough calories for your body to function! Women’s bodies are not designed to run on 1200 calories a day. When forced to do so your body releases higher levels of cortisol (your stress hormone) and progesterone levels dip. Eat balanced meals of protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats to help support hormone function!
My suggestion when starting a hormone health routine is to start slow and keep it simple! Choose one thing to start doing this week, such as eating that raw carrot! Then add something the next week, such as PD 80/20 or EndoGize. I like to take a supplement for four weeks, and then take a week or two off and see how I feel. I often realize that said supplement was giving me tons of benefits and I miss them when I stop taking it!
Hormones don’t get out of balance overnight, and they aren’t balanced overnight either. Give yourself lots of grace and embrace the fact that your body is unique and wonderful - and that you WILL find the right balance of what you need!
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to hormones and how we can help keep them balanced. We are having a Live Online Event: Hormones ~ Her & Him on February 22, 2023 at 9pm ET. You can Register for the link to attend HERE. All registrants will also get a post-event email with lots of tips and recommendations for your hormonal health!
Here's a shopping list where you can find the products mentioned in this blog - add the ones you want to your shopping cart. If your total PV in your cart is 100 or more, you will unlock the 24% discount for 12 months!
If you are putting the order into a monthly Loyalty Order, any amount will unlock the 24% discount. Just remember to make changes to your monthly Loyalty Order before next month, or you will get the same products again.
Next week we'll talk about how to support women's hormones during menopause! Make sure you are getting my blog by subscribing HERE
Have you thought about making a few changes to eliminate harsh chemicals from your environment but just didn't know where to start? Click on the link below to get access to my Simple Start to Natural Living!