HORMONE SUPPORT CHECKLIST
Do you ever feel like supporting & balancing your hormones is a full time job??🤪Me, too!
There are so many factors that influence hormones that it can feel impossible to keep them all straight!
Instead of feeling like you have to do & take a million things for hormones, it’s better to commit to doing a few things with great consistency over a long period of time!
Here is a “checklist” you can use to work on supporting your general hormone needs in 4 key areas: stress, sleep, diet, and exercise! If you need more specific support, just reach out! We can help you find the support protocol for your needs!
- Drink half your body weight in ounces of water daily.
- Add 1-2 extra servings of dark leafy greens daily. (Optimal veggie consumption daily is 5+ cup servings!)
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep - women specifically need more sleep because of our hormones! If you get less than 7 hours of sleep, your hormones become less coordinated - you feel hungrier, and can lead to insulin resistance. If you don’t get enough sleep at night - give yourself permission to take a nap!!
- Walk 30 minutes at least 5 days a week - aim for 10,000 steps a day.
- Decrease Stress - I know this is easier said than done. We live in a very fast-paced, over-stressed world, and it can feel hard to unplug from it. The only person who can decrease your stress is YOU! As much as possible - look for ways to remove stressors from your life, say “No” more often, and prioritize doing things that help you relax.
- Limit caffeine and alcohol - Too much coffee/caffeinated drinks and alcohol can disrupt your hormones. Caffeine can damage your adrenal glands and alcohol is extremely hard on your liver (puts tons of sugar into your system that damages the entire body). Limit your coffee to one cup in the morning, if you drink coffee!
- Avoid white processed sugar, refined carbohydrates, junk/processed foods - these foods cause big blood sugar spikes, which requires the body to dump a whole bunch of insulin to rebalance the blood sugar. A diet full of pasta, crackers, bread, cookies, muffins, chips, tortillas, etc will eventually cause the body to be resistant to insulin. Blood sugar issues will eventually cause estrogen/testosterone levels to suffer. Use blood-sugar friendly sweeteners (monk fruit, stevia occasionally) in moderation for occasional sweet treats.
- Additionally, most of our processed, packaged foods are loaded with genetically-modified ingredients, preservatives, added sugars, chemically processed crop/seed oils, and even contaminated with Round-up and other pesticides! For the sake of your hormones and overall health, it’s very important to move toward a whole-foods unprocessed diet. Shop the perimeter of the grocery store. Prioritize quality meat, eggs, vegetables, fruit, and some nuts/seeds. Stop buying packaged and processed foods.
- Ditch chemicals out of your personal products - there are other environmental toxins in your personal care products that can wreak havoc on your hormones! Shampoos, soaps, lotions, body sprays, makeups, feminine care products - almost everything marketed for women to use daily are filled with hormone-disrupting ingredients that are harming our fertility and hormone balance! Avoid parabens, phthalates, BPAs (in plastics), dioxins, and watch out for things that could be contaminated with heavy metals and pesticides. Young Living offers the BEST easy button for ditching hormone-disruptors and switching to the cleanest personal & home products you can find! Your hormones will say a huge THANK YOU when you start using Thieves Cleaner and YL shampoo, lotion, and skincare!
If you haven't yet subscribed to my blog, you can do that right HERE so you don't miss any future posts!
Have you thought about making a few changes to eliminate harsh chemicals from your environment but just didn't know where to start? Click on the link below to get access to my Simple Start to Natural Living!
As women age, their hormone production changes because their needs change! Did you know that you could go through Menopause and it doesn’t have to be miserable??
We usually think of Menopause as a 2-5 year process where a woman’s body gradually stops being able to get pregnant, but the process actually starts much sooner than we think!Read more...
Did you know that it is estimated that 1 out of 4 men over 30 have low levels of testosterone?
As men age, it is common for their levels of testosterone to decrease.Read more...
Our hormones are an incredible and intricate system of chemical messengers that help our bodies to function like a well-oiled machine.
Hormones play a role in metabolism, sleep, menstrual cycles, and more.Read more...
Amazing Laundry and Household Hacks that will save you money, as well as remove harsh chemicals from your household chores!Read more...