Memorial Day is a national holiday honoring the brave men and women who died while serving in the United States armed forces. It is a day to reflect on the sacrifices they made in order to maintain our freedom and way of life. As we honor their memory, it is also a time to come together with family and friends to celebrate and enjoy the freedom that they fought so fiercely to protect.
Whether you are planning a barbecue, a picnic, or just spending time outdoors this Memorial Day weekend, essential oils can help enhance the experience. Here are a few recipes and ideas to help you celebrate Memorial Day with Young Living essential oils.
1. Refreshing Citrus Drink
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 drops Lemon Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Lime Vitality essential oil
- Ice cubes
1. In a pitcher, combine water, orange juice, lemon juice, and honey.
2. Add Lemon Vitality and Lime Vitality essential oils, and stir well.
3. Add ice cubes and stir again.
4. Serve and enjoy!
2. Patriotic Diffuser Blend
- 3 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops Lavender essential oil
- 2 drops Blue Cypress essential oil
1. Fill your diffuser with water.
2. Add the essential oils to the water.
3. Turn on the diffuser and enjoy the refreshing aroma.
3. All-Natural Bug Spray
- 2 oz. witch hazel
- 2 oz. distilled water
- 20 drops Citronella essential oil
- 10 drops Lemongrass essential oil
- 10 drops Peppermint essential oil
1. Mix the witch hazel and distilled water in a spray bottle.
2. Add the essential oils and shake well.
3. Spray on exposed skin before heading outdoors to keep bugs at bay.
OR, you can use Young Living's amazing insect repellent! Made with 100 percent naturally derived, plant-based ingredients, Young Living's Insect Repellent is proven to repel mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas with 99 percent active ingredients, plus 1 percent vitamin E to moisturize and condition skin. The gentle formula rubs easily into skin without a greasy or sticky finish and is appropriate for use on children when used as directed.
- Formulated without parabens, fillers, phthalates, petrochemicals, animal-derived ingredients, synthetic preservatives, synthetic fragrances, or synthetic colorants
- Pure, gentle formula that's appropriate for use on adults and children when used as directed
- Formulated with premium essential oils traditionally recommended for their bug-repellent properties, including Citronella, Lemongrass, and Rosemary
- Rubs easily into skin without leaving a sticky or greasy residue
This amazing insect repellent is available in a liquid as well as handy, individually wrapped wipes you can carry in your purse!
Looking for some delicious and healthy ways to spice up your barbeque? Young Living essential oils add incredible flavor and health benefits to your favorite recipes. Here are some oil-infused barbeque recipes to try:
1. Citrus Grilled Chicken: In a small bowl, mix together 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon honey, and 1 drop each of Young Living Lemon essential oil and Young Living Orange essential oil. Marinate chicken for at least 2 hours, then grill until fully cooked.
2. Rosemary Garlic Steak : In a small bowl, mix together 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 2 cloves minced garlic, and 1 drop each of Young Living Rosemary essential oil and Young Living Thyme essential oil. Rub mix over steak and let sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours, then grill to desired doneness.
3. Grilled Shrimp Skewers: In a small bowl, mix together 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon honey, and 1 drop each of Young Living Lime essential oil and Young Living Black Pepper essential oil. Thread shrimp onto skewers and brush generously with the oil mixture before grilling.
4. Essential Oil Infused BBQ Sauce : In a small saucepan, add 1 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, and 1 drop each of Young Living Clove essential oil and Young Living Cinnamon Bark essential oil. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, and use as a delicious BBQ sauce for your chicken, beef, or pork.
Enjoy these essential oil recipes to help make your Memorial Day celebrations even more special. Remember to take a moment to honor those who have fallen, and to express gratitude for the freedom that they secured for us.
Have you thought about making a few changes to eliminate harsh chemicals from your environment but just didn't know where to start? Click on the link below to get access to my Simple Start to Natural Living!
* If you see links on my website material, they could be affiliate links where either I or someone else could earn commissions at no additional cost to you. Support small business entrepreneurs.