We all tend to take things for granted when they happen automatically - like our immune system keeping us healthy. In today's world, it's more important than ever to take care of our immune system and help it function at its best.
Our immune system works day in and day out, to keep us healthy and alive. Greg Szeto, Ph.D., an immunologist and investigator at the Allen Institute for Immunology, says this about the immune system: “It touches every single organ system, and as a function of that, it also touches every type of disease.”
Some of the things that can wreak havoc and weaken our immune system are:
- Poor Nutrition
- Toxins in Personal Care Products & Cleaning Products (Many of these are endocrine disruptors and really cause a lot of problems with hormones that are critical for a healthy body).
Things like BPA and phthalates can be found in:
- Food & drink can linings
- Plastics labeled as #3 or #7 for recycling
- Receipt paper
- Personal care products, like shampoo, lotions, & sunscreens
- Cosmetics, fragrances, perfumes and air fresheners
It's very important to eliminate as many of these as we can in our homes and work places to lessen our exposure and lighten the burden on our immune systems. Look for plant-based products, and read the labels on everything! You'll be surprised at what you find.
Are you constantly under stress? Do you get sick often? Do you have digestive issues? Do you feel sluggish? All these could be strong indicators of an immune system in trouble. If the immune system is compromised it can’t function properly as your body’s natural defense against intruders. It needs to be well taken care of! Get my online class about the immune system, how to bolster it with the right foods and supplements, along with my recipes and personal recommendations? Instant Access
Take care of your immune system - it's important, and it's the only one you have!
Have you thought about making a few changes to eliminate harsh chemicals from your environment but just didn't know where to start? Click on the link below to get access to my Simple Start to Natural Living!
* If you see links on my website material, they could be affiliate links where either I or someone else could earn commissions at no additional cost to you. Support small business entrepreneurs.