Summer is here, which for many means pool time! But did you know that the chemicals used to keep the pool water sanitized can cause some unwanted effects to our bodies? Let's mitigate those using our tools!
Swim Spray Hair Protectant
Ditch chlorine-tinted hair and protect your luscious locks! Here’s what you’ll need:
2 oz. spray bottle
Warm distilled water
Here’s what to do:
1. Add 2 tablespoons of conditioner to the spray bottle.
2. Fill the rest of the bottle with warm distilled water.
3. Add Rosemary essential oil and shake bottle to mix.
4. To use, spray the mixture onto damp hair and then comb through before a dip in the pool.
After swimming, apply either DiGize, Geranium
, or Lemon
to the soles of the feet to help the body process (aka detox from) the chlorine. An epsom salt bath with Geranium would be a good option afterward, also.
Swimmers Ear Relief testimonial:
I applied Lavender
, the Purification
oil blend and Clove
essential oils all around the outside of the ear and behind, in front, and down the side of my daughter's neck when she complained of another case of "swimmer's ear" to promote drainage of the fluids. I applied a total of 4 times in an 8-hour period, and it was totally cleared up.
Replenish from the Inside, Out:
Stress on the body depletes B Vitamins, so Super B
may be a good addition to the pre-pool routine! Same goes for NingXia Red
- extra antioxidants can help keep the body working like a well-oiled machine, not to mention keeping up with the kids! We should also mention MultiGreens
- this supplement can help act as an extra internal sunscreen! Always good to have additional protection, and it's a great additional cleanser/detoxer, too.