There's a lot of talk these days about manifesting the life you desire - whether that's regarding your perfect companion, your health, finances, and more. Movies and books have been written on the topic, and people have been teaching manifesting techniques for decades. The truth is, manifesting is not some airy-fairy kind of magic. It's all about your focus!
One of the cornerstones of manifesting arises out of the age-old concept: You attract what you focus on. Whether you believe it to be true or not, it makes total sense that if you focus on the negatives in life, you probably will be creating more negatives - and the opposite is likely true, as well. Example: If your desire is to increase your income, and you spend all your time focusing on the "lack of" rather than a plan to change the situation, you probably will stay stuck at the level of income you are experiencing.
These are my 8 steps to Accomplishment - and they apply to any part of your life you wish to change.
- Identify what it is that would bring you more joy as a starting point to manifesting.
- Visualize clearly what that looks like for you. (Example: If you want to lose 10 pounds, imagine how you feel when you're 10 lbs lighter, how your clothes fit, what you look like and embrace that "feeling" of happiness that comes with being 10 lbs lighter.
- Set goals: Start with baby steps. In the example above, rather than setting a goal of 10 pounds, which might seem daunting, set a goal of 2 lbs in 3 weeks. Be very specific.
- Create a strategy: In the weight loss example your strategy might be to try fasting and only having 1 meal a day; or it might be cutting out breads and sweets. Whatever strategy fits your dietary needs.
- Develop habits: It takes 21 days to establish a new habit. So, if you are trying to establish a new habit, put it on your calendar, reminders in your phone, etc., for at least 21 days to help you establish the habit. If you want to exercise for 30 minutes, set a time on your calendar and commit to doing it.
- Create daily/weekly/monthly Action Plans. Taking consistent action on your desires is likely the step that gets the least attention. We all want things to magically happen; but without the consistent action that will bring your desired result, you likely will be disappointed.
- Spend time each day being/feeling grateful in all things - even the small things - gratitude attracts more of the things you are grateful for. If you fasted for two meals, be grateful you were successful in that, rather than focusing on how hard it may have been initially.
- Evaluate, Tweak, Celebrate Victories! Evaluate your "Action Plans" and your habit development. See if things need tweaking. Celebrate all victories - even the smallest ones. Feel happiness and joy at every accomplishment ~ you'll be surprised how that fuels you going forward!
Many people spend the majority of their time focusing on #2 above - Visualizing their success, as if it will magically happen if they "see" it and "feel" it strongly enough. While this is an important step, it likely will not happen without the others. Setting goals & strategies, creating consistent habits that support your desired outcome, measuring your success and tweaking action plans, as well as feeling gratitude and celebrating victories, are ALL part of the whole when it comes to successful accomplishment.
May you dream of accomplishing much as you design your life!
What is one thing you would like to accomplish going forward? I would love to hear from you in the comments.
Have you thought about making a few changes to eliminate harsh chemicals from your environment but just didn't know where to start? Click on the link below to get access to my Simple Start to Natural Living!
* If you see links on my website material, they could be affiliate links where either I or someone else could earn commissions at no additional cost to you. Support small business entrepreneurs.